Friday 6 January 2017

Dry January and other news

So I've committed myself to having a dry January. I'm a bit late to the party because it's only been three days! But three days no booze for me is a big deal. It was getting to the point I was polishing a bottle of Merlot a day!!! Not cool. To be honest I didn't want to stop drinking, but I discovered that it was becoming a terrible habit so I've decided to go thirty days without drinking. 

I can't count the first three days because I drank half glass on the second of Jan and three glasses on the third of Jan, but on the fourth day I was fed up of this routine so I got up and promised I would go thirty days without any kind of alcohol. 

On New Years eve I had one hell of a night. I had actually told myself that I wanted to get really pissed! I did and paid the price for that night. It was enjoyable, but by the end of it I didn't enjoy the hangover. 

This is me early hours of New years day!!!




















I felt awful! And though I can't promise I will never do this again because I know what I'm like when I go out to party, I do want to stay away from the booze this January. So far it's been great. 

Day One

Felt really motivated and kept drinking blackcurrant with seven up, as well as a few cups of tea. That evening I slept really well. 

Day Two

Waking up felt awesome. No headache, not feeling moody and while I walked my dog early that morning I had so much energy. It felt awesome.

Day Three

This is the day I pat my self on the back. Although it isn't a big deal to some people, it's huge for me. I feel pretty great. The night before I was watching Cougar Town with my Bae and every time the cast drink, I kept wanting a drink, but I didn't do it! So that was great!

What these three sober days have taught me?

Well I'm doing a lot more work. I'm ahead of my university work. I have a lot more energy and I'm writing a lot more than when I'm drinking. Drinking makes me drowsy and all I want to do at the end of the day is sleep.  So the effects have been pretty positive. I want to stay the course. Watch this space. 

So will I drink again? Yes. I'm not planning to quit for good, but I do want to change my relationship with alcohol. I want to drink it and enjoy it, but not drink every day. Everything in moderation, as the saying goes!

And other news...

Well I'm working on the second part to the Ruby-Rae, Assassin series. I'm enjoying that. It will be available next week. So keep your eyes peeled.  I will be sticking with this story until it's finished. I don't want to drag this one. So you won't be waiting too long. 


Besides writing I will be out Saturday morning at a coffee morning. I am a bereavement supporter for those who have lost loved ones to terminal illness. This will be my first coffee morning so I am looking forward to it.

That's all the news I have for now, I wish you all the best for 2017!


stay blessed

- Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment