Wednesday 6 July 2016

So what’s happening this week?

Well quite a bit. My Loving You series has been proofread and now it’s ready to go for editing. It hasn’t been easy finding an editor, but I think I’ll finally find the right person. I’m really excited about having this story in print. I think a few more of my stories will follow in the same direction.

 The unexpected Love series is complete. Yes!










This is exactly how I feel hehe! 

It’s always nice to finish a series, but sad at the same time. I really do miss the characters. I’ve decided that this series will only have two parts because I feel the story is complete. Yes, my stories are usually in three’s, but this one has ended. I don't feel it's necessary to drag it out. I really enjoyed writing it, and felt empowered by Angelica. We all go through struggles, and at times we might feel weak or be seen as weak, but the human spirit always prevails. At least I believe it does. Expect the story out soon!

More on the book front. 

Starting on the 7th of July a few of my stories will be going free on Amazon. This is your chance to get a copy of the books free. The promo will run for five days, so make sure you download the books during that time. Some of the books that will be free are.

I hope you take this opportunity to download a free copy :-).

What are my plans for the next coming weeks?

Write, write and write some more. I will be starting my new paranormal series. I’m excited about it. So watch this space!

That’s about it for now. Short and sweet, but before I go I would like to answer a question that has been asked a few times.

 Why do I write short novellas with cliffhangers instead of full novels?

The reason I do that is how my mind words. I write a story until there’s no story left to tell. When I reach the end and there’s a cliffhanger, I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen in the second book. There is something about starting on a blank page for me. It’s as if I get new ideas by starting again. It’s weird and probably something I’ve taught myself to do, but it works. I have tried to get my stories to an end, but I always find that I’m forcing the story, and it never works.

I hope that has answered the question. I think every writer writes differently, and in the future I would really like to make my works longer. If not, I will just put all three volumes into one, for those who prefer longer works. It might just take a little bit longer.



On the personal

I will be going out to see a play tomorrow evening, (Betty Blue Eyes), which will be interesting. It’s always nice to go to the theatre. I’m hopeful that the weekend will bring good weather as we’re – by that I mean family – are off to a BBQ. I guess even if it rains we’ll still be having a BBQ. It would just be nice to have the sunshine.
I hope you have a great week and weekend!

- Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment